Nunhead Green and public realm improvements
Environmental Improvements in Nunhead
Nunhead Green: improving the Green was one of the key projects in the regeneration programme and works are now complete with lots people enjoying the new open space.
For background information on the design please view the general layout, play area, village square and urban square designs here.
The improvements to Nunhead Green are funded through the Mayor of London's Outer London Fund and Pocket Parks Fund, the London Marathon Charitable Trust and Southwark Council.
Please view the consultation boards from our final consultation. We had over 50 people fill out feedback forms and many others popped along to have a look at the emerging designs. There was a lot to discuss and many favourable comments about the design work to date. It is a complex site with a lot going on and a lot of competing uses that we are trying to get right.
Concept designs are available to view. These designs are informed by the visioning consultation report and you can view the visioning consultation boards used in the consultation.
With the aim of enhancing the environment other improvements that are part of the programme include:
- Bridge Lighting: completed
- Festival Lighting in tandem with the shopfront improvements: completed
- Street Lighting Improvements: completed
- Resurfacing Evelina Road: completed from the rail bridge east 2012
- Improvements to drop kerbs on Evelina Road
- Electric Vehicle Charging Point: installed in Cheam St